Representative Award – For First or Senior team members who compete in regular inter-school fixtures/tournaments or championships.
Eligibility for a representative award.
- Played at least 75% of inter-school games (Full reserves count)
- Attended 75% of inter-school tournaments where only tournaments/championships occur
- Fulfilled the coach’s requirements regarding attendance, at practice, team spirit and general behaviours
- In special cases where the individual has been injured and therefore unable to complete 75% of games
- A pupil should not be excluded from eligibility due to selection in a representative team or participation at a higher level
The Representative Award will be recognised by the award of a certificate at the annual Sports’ Award dinner. This certificate will be awarded by the coach of the team. The recipient will be eligible to wear a sports badge naming the sport with the year of the sport attached. These are to be purchased from the office.
The Colour Award – For outstanding performance amounting to excellence throughout the sports interschool season. (see requisite guidelines attached)
Eligibility for a colour award.
- The recipient must have satisfied the requirements for a representative award in the sport
- The award is for excellence throughout the season by the individual regardless of the success of the team
- Performance must be at interschool level
- A pupil should not be excluded from eligibility due to a selection in a representative team or participation at a higher level
The Colour Award will consist of a Discobolus badge to be worn on the lapel and a certificate to be presented in front of the guests at the annual Sports’ Awards dinner.
- Coaches of senior / first teams provide written nominations at the end of the sport’s season for representative and colour awards
- These nominations are collated by the Assistant Principal Titans sport.
- These nominations are presented in person by the coach at a meeting of the Colours Committee. The coach is able to participate in the discussion but not eligible to vote.
- The colours committee shall consist of:
The Principal (Chairman) or Proxy
Assistant Principal Titans Sport (Secretary)
Plus two staff members appointed each year by the Assistant Principal Titans Sport and Principal
- The decision to award representative/colour awards rests finally with the Colours Committee
- Only in sports in which there is no age grading may boys other than senior or first team players be considered for representative awards
- The Colours Committee, provided they are unanimous, have the right to award a colour to those who would otherwise not qualify